About Shelter Movers:
Shelter Movers provides moving and storage services at no cost to women and children fleeing abuse. We are the only organization of our kind in Canada, and our volunteers are no less exceptional. Every year, in collaboration with community partners, our volunteer teams contribute over 15,000 hours to support people transitioning to lives free of violence and abuse.
The Graphic Designer will have an integral role in the Marketing Team of Shelter Movers Montreal Main responsibilities include planning, designing, and producing graphics and communication materials for promotional use.
Work closely with the local and national Marketing team as well as the Fund Development team
- Have regular check-ins with the Marketing Manager
- Planning, designing and creating graphic and visual elements or materials
- to promote Shelter Movers and its mission
- for Shelter Movers [Chapter] events
- for communication materials for internal and external use, including reports, newsletters, information pages, presentations and more
- for use in social media campaigns, website design, emails and other digital correspondence
- Ensure all designs are created according to Shelter Movers' brand guidelines and easily accessible to the Marketing, Fund Development, and National team.
- A lot of the work in this role will be project or event based
Time commitment: Approximately4-8 hours a week. This is a work-from-home position, with occasional meetings (in-person and/or conference calls.) A 3-6 month commitment is strongly preferred.
- A positive, ‘can-do' attitude
- Reliable work habits, attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Strong time management skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite programs, especially InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
- Knowledge of graphic design collaborative tools i.e. Canva to create and maintain assets for non-designer team members
Transit Secours Region Montreal/Shelter Movers Montreal Region
Nous sommes un organisme à but non lucratif canadien qui fournit des services de déménagement et d'entreposage gratuits aux femmes et aux enfants victimes de violence. Nous collaborons avec des organismes communautaires et des entreprises locales pour aider les familles à transitionner vers une vie exempte de violence.