Shelter Movers provides moving and storage services at no cost to women and children fleeing abuse. We are the only service of this kind in Canada, and our volunteers are no less exceptional. Every year, in collaboration with community partners, our volunteer teams contribute over 15,000 hours to support people transitioning to lives free of violence and abuse.
Shelter Movers Montreal has been operational since September 2020 and we are growing and looking to add caring and compassionate people to our volunteer team. The Marketing Manager, reporting to the National Communications Specialist, will lead the Marketing team of Shelter Movers Montreal. The main responsibilities will include executing the Marketing and Communications strategy and preparing external communications to the public on behalf of Shelter Movers Montreal.
- Execute the Marketing and Communications strategy as dictated by the National Director of Marketing and Communications
- Help manage and review social media posts (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, etc.) created by Marketing Coordinators.
- Manage and develop content for Shelter Movers Montreal
- Supervise and review copywriting by Marketing Coordinators.
- Engage with, develop rapport, and where applicable, reach out to local media to promote the chapter
- Help Chapter Director or other spokespeople prepare for interviews and liaise with media to provide additional support
Time COmmitment: Approximately 8 – 12 hr per week.This is an unpaid volunteer position.
- Experience in Marketing, Communications and Media Relations
- Professional PR and communications experience, preferably with a charity or non-profit
- Demonstrated experience managing and creating content for social media platforms such as Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram
- Extremely strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in brand and event promotion
- Be self-driven and innovative
- Be prepared and excited to bring new ideas for content and procedures!
- Experience working with volunteers and volunteer management
The Ideal Marketing Manager will have:
- Reliable work habits and strong organizational skills.
- An interest in a wide variety of Marketing and Communications related work.
- The ability to work as part of a team.
- Respect for client and volunteer confidentiality.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including managing conflict.
- Tact, discretion, high maturity level and good judgement.
- Patience, empathy, active listening skills, and ability to handle difficult conversations.
- Experience working with the public, including people from diverse backgrounds.
- Experience working with different social media platforms.
- An understanding of data analytics and insights from multiple platforms.
- A long-term interest in the Violence Against Women (VAW) sector, and Volunteer Management/Non-Profit Management.
- A passion for Shelter Movers' mission of supporting women and children fleeing violence and abuse.
Transit Secours Region Montreal/Shelter Movers Montreal Region
Nous sommes un organisme à but non lucratif canadien qui fournit des services de déménagement et d'entreposage gratuits aux femmes et aux enfants victimes de violence. Nous collaborons avec des organismes communautaires et des entreprises locales pour aider les familles à transitionner vers une vie exempte de violence.