Shelter Movers provides moving and storage services at no cost to women and children fleeing abuse. We are the only service of this kind in Canada, and our volunteers are no less exceptional. Every year, in collaboration with community partners, our volunteer teams contribute over 15,000 hours to support people transitioning to lives free of violence and abuse.
Shelter Movers Montreal has been operational since September 2020 and has completed over 85 moves to date. We are growing and looking to add caring and compassionate people to our volunteer team.
The Fund Development Coordinator, reporting to the Fund Development Manager, will have an integral role in the Shelter Movers Montreal region.The main duties include sourcing and securing various fundraising and sponsorships.
- Source fundraising and sponsorship opportunities
- Build strong relationships with donors and sponsors
- Make presentations and submit proposals to potential donors and sponsors
- Plan strategies to encourage or increase funding and sponsorships
- Develop and compile materials to submit for various grant or funding opportunities
- Secure donations and sponsorship from individuals or corporate sponsors
An estimated 4 to 8 hours a week, dependent on responsibilities and proximity to the fundraising events and campaigns.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Advanced interpersonal and public relations skills.
- Professional, outgoing manner.
- High comfort level in soliciting donations, and engaging potential donors with our organization's mission.
- Ability to exercise tact and discretion, including protecting donor/guest information.
- A record of reliability and trustworthiness.
- Self-motivated; able to work without supervision.
- Able to prioritize workloads and meet established deadlines.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
- High attention to detail.
- Familiarity with e-mail, spreadsheets, database systems, and Google G Suite.
- A positive, 'can-do' attitude.
- Experience in fundraising, event planning, and the non-profit sector are strong assets, but not required. We will provide training and ongoing support.
- Physical ability to meet the demands of event execution (set up, tear-down, walking, and and some lifting.)
commitment of 3-6 months
Transit Secours Region Montreal/Shelter Movers Montreal Region
Nous sommes un organisme à but non lucratif canadien qui fournit des services de déménagement et d'entreposage gratuits aux femmes et aux enfants victimes de violence. Nous collaborons avec des organismes communautaires et des entreprises locales pour aider les familles à transitionner vers une vie exempte de violence.