Shelter Movers provides moving and storage services at no cost to women and children fleeing abuse. We are the only service of this kind in Canada, and our volunteers are no less exceptional. Every year, in collaboration with community partners, our volunteer teams contribute over 15,000 hours to support people transitioning to lives free of violence and abuse.
Shelter Movers Montreal has been operational since September 2020 and we are growing and looking to add caring and compassionate people to our volunteer team. The Marketing Manager, reporting to the National Communications Specialist, will lead the Marketing team of Shelter Movers Montreal. The main responsibilities will include executing the Marketing and Communications strategy and preparing external communications to the public on behalf of Shelter Movers Montreal.
The Intake Coordinator gathers information to help moves happen safely and smoothly. This means answering emails and phone calls, and collecting information using templates. When the intake process is complete, the Intake Coordinator reports to the Intake Manager who will assign the move to a Move Coord
This role requires professionalism, strong communication skills (by email and phone), and an ability to serve clients with patience and empathy while looking for solutions and managing expectations. An ability to remain calm in stressful situations, awareness of compassion fatigue and self-care, and maintaining communication with your team, are essential skills for the Intake Coordinator.
- Being available during your intake shift to answer phone calls and respond to emails within a set timeframe (2-3 hours).
- Using patience, empathy, and active listening skills in serving people under stress.
- Retrieve all relevant information from Referring Agency and Client
- Follow all processes within the Intake Coordination manual
- Inform the Intake Supervisor when the intake process is complete and a move is ready to be assigned to a Move Coordinator
- Maintain contact to Client and/or Referring Agency to respond to any changes needed prior to move being assigned to a Move Coordinator
- Be available to the Move Coordinator assigned to the moves
At least one shift (~8 hours) a week. Please note: an ‘on call' shift means that the work isn't continuous; it's more a matter of answering messages within a set timeframe during your shift.
This is a work-from-home position, with occasional meetings (in-person and/or conference calls.) A 3 to 6 month commitment is strongly preferred.
Transit Secours Region Montreal/Shelter Movers Montreal Region
Nous sommes un organisme à but non lucratif canadien qui fournit des services de déménagement et d'entreposage gratuits aux femmes et aux enfants victimes de violence. Nous collaborons avec des organismes communautaires et des entreprises locales pour aider les familles à transitionner vers une vie exempte de violence.